Thursday 5 January 2012

Jemima

My daughter, Gilly, asked me some time ago to paint her old cat Jemima.  She photographed her sitting on a couch (black with red stud-buttons).  Jemima played the part and posed perfectly.  I hope I have done her justice ....she is a very beautiful though a very fat cat....with a bit of the prima donna lurking in her attitude.

This is my first post for 2012.  I have been painting some exercises to try and warm up.  I'm always fearful of a blank board after I have had a break from painting.  Feel certain that the muse has abandoned me! Jemima has helped me feel more comfortable getting back into it.  Hope my future posts reflect a positive outcome!

Happy new year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Gilly will be ecstatic to receive this lovely portrait.
    I'm also certain the muse has not forsaken you and will return with vengeance once you are back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete