Sunday 27 November 2011

A Portrait

David.......40x60cam...........Oil on Canvas
This is a painting of my husband, David.  It took me an age and is overworked.  The exercise was very good however and I learnt a lot.  I have to stop myself going and tweeking it all the time.  My daughter suggests that I begin another rather than going back to this one.  I think that is a good idea. I would like to capture a more relaxed, less self conscious pose.

I have not been painting much since the exhibition although I have been thinking about it a lot.  I have many plans.  A friend has lent me a couple of magnficent large bowls so I think I will start on a few larger paintings once the Christmas rush has settled.  I will continue with the small ones as well of course, but I think it would be good to broaden the scope for a while.  

1 comment: