Friday 9 September 2011

A favourite.


'Jewells'..............SOLD
I painted this a couple of days ago and was pleased with it.  It was one of those that emerged seemlessly.  I particularly enjoyed the low key colours - a contrast to some of the brighter paintings I have done recently.
I was shocked to read that Carol Marine and her family lost their house in ferocious fires in Texas on Monday. Apparently more than 300 houses were burnt.  Carol managed to save a number of her small paintings but lost her larger works and everything else in the studio attached to their home.
 I admire Carol's work and have set about trying to put into practice some of her exercises - such as trying to produce a (small)  painting a day and painting quick 10 minute exercises.  I have learnt a lot just trying both. I wish her and her family well in this awful crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment