Saturday 31 August 2013

A Crowd of Plums...

Plums....Sold
Have been painting a couple of small paintings in between trying to complete a larger painting of a table....another one.  It is very helpful to have 2 or 3 paintings on the boil at one time.  Recently I rearranged my studio area so that I can have two easels operating.  This was actually a feat of genius since my studio space is fairly restricted.  But it really makes a difference and was worth the upheaval. The advantage is that when I am painting a larger work I find that after around 3 hours work I begin to feel stale and start to find the task laborious - not good for a creative endeavour.  However, if I switch from one painting to another I tend to develop fresh eyes and can return to the larger work within 30 minutes or so with new vigour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment