Sunday 8 April 2012

A change of scenery....


I have extracted a couple of paintings from above a shelf in my kitchen to enter into the Easter Art Exhibition at Yurara.  I have replaced them with the beads (on the left) and the cushions (third along).  It's actually quite helpful to have a 'live' hanging area inside the house and outside my studio area.  I either warm to the painting and feel pleased with it or decide it needs more work or even the 'big chop'.

I am about to paint this area in the kitchen and when I do I shall insert hanging devices to allow me to hang paintings in this configuration or a two across/two down configuration.  The area will be a small rotating exhibition!!

1 comment:

  1. As you say, Ellen, so nice to have a little space to consider your works, live with them for a little while and see if they sit well with you - I find it nice to bring out old works now and again and see how they sit with me after an absence as well.

    ReplyDelete